When you decide to start a search in the archives, you will definitely have a question about which archives to contact and in general, what they are. Let’s figure out the place.
Depending on the competence (functions) of the organization, the following types of archives can be created
- The central archive storing documents of the apparatus of the authority, documents of organizations of direct subordination and other organizations included in the list of sources for the collection of the archive, approved by the head of the authority;
- Central branch archive storing documents of all organizations assigned to a certain industry, all levels of subordination and regardless of their territorial location;
- A unified archive storing documents of several industry organizations related by a system of subordination or of the same type by profile of activity;
- Archive of an organization that stores documents of only this organization and its predecessors.
Depending on the contents of the documentation to be stored in the archive,
- Management documentation archive;
- Scientific and technical archive;
- Audiovisual archive;
- Archive of documentation on electronic media.
Archives, the composition of the documents of which is determined by the method of recording information and the medium, can be created as independent units or as structural units in the archive of the organization.
In order to perform basic tasks, the archive performs the following functions
- Keeps lists of organizations and (or) structural divisions of organizations – sources of acquisition of the archive;
- Accepts streamlined documents of structural divisions of the organization and organizations – sources of acquisition of the archive;
- Takes into account and ensures the safety of documents received in the archive;
- Creates and maintains up-to-date reference apparatus for archive documents;
- Organizes information services for the heads and structural units of the organization, uses documents at the request of organizations and individuals, including social and legal requests of citizens, keeps records and analyzes of use;
- Carries out an examination of value and implements a set of organizational and methodological measures for the transfer of documents for permanent storage;
- Checks the correctness of the formation and execution of cases in structural divisions of organizations and other organizations – sources of acquisition;
- Organizes the work on the compilation of the nomenclature of the organization’s affairs;
- Provides methodological and practical assistance to structural units in working with documents;
- Participates in the development of regulatory and methodological documents on archiving and management documentation;
- Participates in activities to improve the skills of archive employees and the management documentation service, including in organizations – sources for completing the archive.
Good luck in finding.