Living people, WWII, repression, local history, burial places, newspapers, archives, libraries
Search for relatives of contemporaries
- spravka.net – Telephone directories of residents of various cities.
- spra.vkaru.net – You can find addresses and phone numbers by last name.
- n0mer.org – Telephone directory on cities and surnames.
- poisk.vid.ru – The site of the “Wait for me” program.
Search for the Second World War (Great Patriotic War)
- pamyat-naroda.ru – Participants in the war. An Internet portal of genuine documents about the Second World War: war heroes, military operations, military burials, documents of units. Memory of the people – and again the project of the Ministry of Defense, which combines the OBD-Memorial and the Feat of the People and supplements this information with information about the regiments and divisions where your ancestor served, of course, not all yet, but the list is constantly expanding.
- obd-memorial.ru – Victims of the Second World War. It contains almost 17 million digital copies of documents about irretrievable losses and 20 million personal records of the losses of the Red Army in the Great Patriotic War. The primary burial sites of more than 5 million soldiers and officers have been made public.
- podvignaroda.mil.ru – WWII Awards. It contains archival documents on the course and results of the main military operations, feats and awards of all WWII soldiers. “Feat of the people” is also a project of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, but dedicated to awards. Presented are award sheets for the most honorable awards of the Second World War – orders and medals “For Courage” and “For Military Merit”. Information about other medals is gradually being introduced. You can see the specific content of the feat, unfortunately, formally fulfilling the letter of the law on the protection of personal data in the award sheet, a line is cut out with the home address of the recipient, although this information refers to 1941-1945 and no one has lived at these addresses for a long time.
- pobeda.elar.ru – WWII events. Visual Bulletin of all events and operations of the Second World War, a description of events, maps, results.
- pobediteli.ru – Lists of WWII veterans for the 60th anniversary of the Victory. Private initiative. The result is 1 million records.
- soldat.ru – There are many interesting documentary materials, for example, how to determine the name of a military parts by field mail number on an old soldier’s envelope. Section “Directories”.
– Directory of conventional names of military units (institutions) in 1939-1943.
– Directory of military units – field posts of the Red Army in 1943-1945.
– The section “Search” Lists of the dead in captivity, including in Finland.
- smolbattle.ru – You can ask a question on the forum about the Great Patriotic War and other wars.
- warheroes.ru – Heroes of the country, as I understood it, only the most distinguished heroes.
- polk.ru – “Forgotten Regiment”.
- dokst.ru – Prisoner of war database.
- archive.mil.ru – Ministry Archive defense of the Russian Federation (The main wealth of Central Asia is the documents of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 (about 9 million cases).
- pobeda1945.su – People’s Site – an information portal and social network at the same time, the first social network about the Second World War.
- genobooks.narod.ru – Detailed instructions about the search for those who participated in the Great Patriotic War.
- permgaspi.ru – Perm State Archive of Contemporary History. Resource “Card file of prisoners of war.” The cards indicate the last name, first name, patronymic, year and place of birth of prisoners of war. From this data it is easy to search.
- orel-region.ru – On the site Oryol region posted information about the events of the period of the Great Patriotic War. In particular, the list of camps of Soviet prisoners of war, compiled on the German registration cards for prisoners of war, which was in the archive of the FSB of the Oryol region. in 1994-1995.
- kremnik.ru – Site “Kremnik” dedicated to the search for relatives – participants of the Great World War II. Search for the dead and missing in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945. As of April 25, 2012, the Project Participants had 33313. Cards were registered – 425035. The site was conceived as a folk encyclopedia, a virtual Memorial to the fallen participants of the Great War, where everyone can leave comments on any entry, supplement the information about the participant in the war with photographs and memories, apply to other project participants for help.
- forum.vgd.ru – IoT forum about war veterans.
- givoipoisk.ru – Search for unknown military graves, soldier’s fate, white pages of the history of the Battle of Stalingrad.
- forum.svrt.ru – These are topics in forums about World War I.
- genealogy-kzn.ru – In memory of the Great Heroes war of 1914-1918 Zaponorsky villages Antsiferovo and Barskaya.
- old.v-ipc.ru – Here you can search for those who died during the Finnish war.
- swolkov.org – Compiled by historian S.V. Volkov. If possible, all persons who participated in the anti-Bolshevik struggle in 1917-1922 are included. consisting of white armies, other anti-Soviet units, clandestine organizations, etc., as well as repressed by the Soviet authorities for political reasons during and shortly after the end of the civil war, as well as all the people who made up the so-called “first wave” of Russian emigration.
- borodino.ru – Participants of the Borodino battle. It was developed on the basis of the database “Generals, Officers and Soldiers of the Russian Army – Participants in the Battle of Borodino”, created by a leading researcher at the State Borodino Museum-Reserve, candidate of historical sciences D. G. Tselorungo based on materials identified in the Russian State Military Historical Archive. The search is carried out by name, surname, rank, name of the military unit.
- 151sp.eu – Winter War 1939.
- svrt.ru – Information about the participants of the First World War (alphabetical lists of losses of the lower ranks; St. George cavaliers participants in the First World War).
- museum.ru – About the Patriotic War of 1812.
- patriot-izdat.ru – Patriot Publishing House – Books section memory: – 1939-1940 (Finnish war).
Where to find reward information
- numismat.ru – Database “St. George Knights”.
Search by name or award number. At present, considerable material has been collected about those who were awarded the Order of St. George, in the first place, about ordinary soldiers of the army of the Russian Empire who participated in the Russo-Japanese and World War I. Search databases for St. George Knights created.
- forum.guns.ru – Forum about the St. George Knights.
- sibmemorial.ru – Full Knights of the Cross of St. George (from Novosibirsk Book of Remembrance). Photos are available.
- kdkv.narod.ru – Index to the collections of “St. George’s Archive.” Part 1-3. Yekaterinburg, 2004.
- history.h15.ru – Portal about Russian-Japanese war.
- St. George Knights 92 infantry. Pechora Regiment during the First World War (lower ranks). M.: OntoPrint, 2011.
- 92 infantry. Pechora Regiment and its participation in the First World War. M.: “Special book”, 2011.
Awards of the Great Patriotic War
- podvignaroda.mil.ru – Website “Feat of the people”. Search by reward. There is an active link “Search award”.
Information on the awarding of state awards and honorary titles of the USSR
- Office of the President of the Russian Federation for state awards (from 1919 to the present)
Moscow, pl. Old, 2/14 +7 (495) 606-43-68.
About Heroes of the Soviet Union
- Office of the President of the Russian Federation on state awards.
- General Directorate of Personnel and Military Education (GUKiVO) of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation.
About those awarded the Order of Lenin
- TsAMO, Office of the President of the Russian Federation for State Awards.
Additional information about the recipients can be found in TsAMO, in the Office of the President of the Russian Federation for State Awards and in the Main Directorate of Personnel and Military Education of the Ministry of Defense.
Search for the repressed
- dostup.memo.ru – Access to documentary evidence of political repressions carried out in the USSR.
- base.memo.ru – Victims of political terror of the USSR more than 3,000,000 names . the project of the Memorial center, by far the most comprehensive of the available lists of repressed during the repressions of 1929-1953, although, of course, far from complete.
- old.memo.ru – “Directory Who led the NKVD 1934-1941” (all structures of the NKVD, all services).
- urokiistorii.ru – New directory “Personnel of the State Security Agencies of the USSR 1935-1939” (the link contains information about the directory, the directory itself is not yet available online, but you can get the disk for free).
- petergen.com – Undoubtedly important for researchers and necropolistic Internet sources. Many of them collected information on a significant number of burials. For example, the St. Petersburg Folk Necropolis database already has more than 15 thousand people.
- jekl.ru – “The Jewish cemetery of St. Petersburg” mentions 80 thousand buried.
- poxoronka.ru – Necropolis of Russia.
- uralnecropol.narod.ru – Ural necropolis.
- lavraspb.ru – Necropolis of the Alexander Nevsky Lavra.
- rodoslovnaya.org – Some Russian cemeteries.
- skorbim.com – International system of remembrance of the dead.
- old.v-ipc.ru – OBD “MEMORIAL”. A total of 4,553,586 people in the consolidated database.
- memory-book.ua – The book of memory of Ukraine. Fraternal and solitary burial. There are photo albums.
- pobeda1945.su – “Victory 1945” site. Information on military graves is being posted on the site.
- nlr.ru – What a wealth. Newspapers online and offline.
First of all, it is useless to work with local history studies of big cities, and even a small town with a population of 10-15 000 does not make sense to collect information, someone has already done this before you. It is necessary to collect very specific information: for example, specifically about the townspeople of the city or about the history of a single quarter, the history of even a single street.
- etomesto.ru – You can find old maps there almost throughout Russia.
- pastvu.com – Presented scanned vintage photos that are “tied” to a specific place, where they were made. With any luck, you can see how your street looked 50 years ago.
- etoretro.ru – Pictures attached to the area.
- egrp365.ru – Site with cadastral maps, very detailed, every house is visible even in small villages and you can get cadastral passports with the names of the owners, if necessary.
- rodoslovnaya.org – Information on different settlements.
- fotostarina.ru – Old photos.
- gorodaru.com – Local history information is provided with brief data on settlements.
Good luck in finding.