One of the goals of the site is to promote genealogy. The Genealogy Simple team believes that pursuing genealogy, researching the history of their family, develops many qualities, both in children and in adults. Genealogy is generally universal science, suitable for every age. It also brings families closer together, helps one to identify with one another and build one’s future.
Genealogy Simple often uses the opinion and articles of the genealogist-historian Vitaly Semenov. Today Vitaly Semenov proposes to study the genealogy of the Soviet period. This is very interesting and informative, especially for those who are now engaged in this period.
If you are conducting a genealogical study of the people of the Soviet period, you need to know a few nuances. It must be understood that there were two for the genealogy of the Soviet era. For genealogical research it is necessary to know how the document circulation was carried out in the state. After all, we are researching the documents.
The first period is from 1917 to 1929
What is interesting about the stage before 1929 and what is unique about it.
- There was no total secrecy until 1929.
- Documents up to 1929 are not within 75 years of confidentiality of information. Documents for this period are open.
- Also, until the mid-20’s, there were monitoring committees or “poverty committees”, where they could find information about relatives who lived in small towns at that time.
The second period from 1930 to the end of the Soviet era
You can also use documents that were compiled and issued:
- City committees (city committees).
- District committees (district committees).
- Party Committees (Committees).
- Railways had their own system and the military had their own system. In these instances, the documents were stored not in accordance with the administrative regions but in accordance with the military districts and sorts of troops, but there are exceptions to the military registration and enlistment offices.
- The police were divided into camps and later into wards.
- Tax, registry office, social security, the system was divided into administrative boundaries.
Here on such instance it is possible to find the documents which interest you.
Good luck in your search.